By visiting, logging into, registering or using the BrightWhiz website, you agree that it’s okay for us to collect, use and transfer your personal data under the terms of this policy. If you’re not cool with this or don’t want to be bound by this policy, you can disable the cookies, see the “managing cookies” section below for details.
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions. Due to their core role of enhancing/enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent users from using certain websites.
Cookies are created when a user’s browser loads a particular website. The website sends information to the browser which then creates a text file. Every time the user goes back to the same website, the browser retrieves and sends this file to the website’s server. Computer Cookies are created not just by the website the user is browsing but also by other websites that run ads, widgets, or other elements on the page being loaded. These cookies regulate how the ads appear or how the widgets and other elements function on the page.For Managing cookies for different browsers see here.
1. To log you into Bright Whiz, we need to store a temporary cookie. This cookie will be automatically deleted after you close the browser window, or after you log out.
2. Many third parties such as weblogs, newspapers, search engines and other sites online will use a cookie to check if you’ve visited Bright Whiz lately, as part of a service that we use. If you have visited us, the third party will show you an advertising message on their website with relevant information.
3. We don’t have all the answers, so sometimes we run surveys to ask our visitors to help us improve the Bright Whiz website. When we’re running these surveys, we use a cookie to store whether you’ve said “yes” or “no” to participating, or to store that you’ve given feedback.
4. Using Analytics software and a cookie, we can tell that you’ve visited Bright Whiz before, which helps us understand what parts of the site you’re coming back to see.
6. Cloudflare cookie Used to permit access to the CloudFlare Content Delivery Network (CDN), which is used to ensure the performance of this website. This cookie is strictly necessary for site security operations and can’t be turned off. More info here
Personal information and cookies:
The only personal information a cookie can contain is information that you supply yourself, a cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Your privacy and security are not compromised when you accept a cookie from the Bright Whiz website. You may set up your computer to reject cookies by following the relevant instructions in the “managing your cookies” section. If you switch off cookies, you may not be able to use parts of our website.
You can manage your cookies using your browser
If you want to manage or disable cookies for the Bright Whiz website or any other site, you can do it by changing your browser settings. Look under the “Help” menu for specific instructions for your browser, or read on for details about the most common browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “Tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “Privacy” tab
- elect the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “Tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “Privacy”
- Find the menu “Cookie” and select the relevant options
You can also opt-out of a number of targeted advertising cookies by visiting these opt-out pages: Google. This opt-out won’t stop advertising companies from showing you banner ads, but it will prevent them from personalizing their banner ads to you specifically.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.