Microsoft has announced on Tuesday the launch of AI-powered Bing search engine ushering in a new era in online search and taking on Google head-to-head.
The tech giant unveiled a new version of its Bing search engine that incorporates the technology behind ChatGPT, an AI system for conversational and creative responses. ChatGPT has been making headlines and taken the Internet by storm with its vast array of capabilities.
“Today, we’re launching Bing and Edge powered by AI copilot and chat, to help people get more from search and the web. “AI will fundamentally change every software category, starting with the largest category of all – search,” said Satya Nadella, Chairman and CEO, Microsoft.
The new features are which are now available in preview at Bing.com will help improve the daily 10 billion search queries, especially when half of those do not return relevant results.
The AI-powered Bing search engine brings together search, browsing and chat into one unified experience. This promises a better experience with:
- Better search with more relevant results for simple things like sports scores, stock prices and weather, plus a new sidebar with more comprehensive answers if needed.
- More complete answers such as how to transplant oregano directly in your search results without having to scroll through lists of web pages.
- Interactive chat experience to help when performing more complex searches such as planning a trip itinerary
- Content generation helps with those ideas to help generate content, help with writing an email, a job application, creating a travel program for your clients and much more
- and a totally new Microsoft Edge experience that comes with a new look and new AI capabilities that includes two new functionalities: Chat and compose.
For more on the new AI-powered Bing search engine you can check out Microsoft’s announcement made here, thereafter, possibly take it for a test drive.