wxWidgets 3.1.4 release has been announced as a development version and can now be downloaded. This release comes with the library sources and documentation as well as binaries for the selected Windows compilers such as Microsoft Visual C++ and MinGW-w64.
The wxWidgets 3.1.4 release is not fully compatible with the “stable” 3.0.x releases just yet. In spite of this, developers are encouraged to use this release, including in production.
Backward incompatible changes are just a few and therefore it is not trivial to update your Application software or app is a program or group of programs designed to run on computing devices which perform a group of functions, tasks, or activities for the end-user. These programs usually consist of system software and application software. System software interacts with computers at a basic level performing low-level. Application software resides above system software directly interacting with the... More.
Some of the highlights that come with this release include a host of In computing technology, a bug is an unintentional coding error in a computer application program, hardware device or operating system. Bugs can typically cause annoying computer glitches, or cause more serious problems including life-threatening situations. In 2018 and 2019 a bug in the sensor on the Boeing 737 Max caused Lion Air Flight 610 and Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 to... More fixes and new features such as:
- wxOSX port now supports the latest macOS 11 on ARM Computer hardware is the physical tangible components that make up a computing system. This make-up includes parts such as the keyboard, mouse, monitor, CPU, RAM, Motherboard, hard drives among others.... More.
- wxMSW comes with a new Edge-based wxWebView implementation.
- Better per-monitor DPI support in wxMSW.
- wxGrid is now significantly improved and user-friendlier.
- AUI appearance enhancements for non-default GTK themes and macOS dark mode.
- wxWidgets can now be built with a C++20 compiler.
- Improvements to the CMake build system.
- Allow optionally forbidding dangerous implicit wxString conversions.
You can find a comprehensive list of changes in this wxWidgets 3.1.4 release from the official changelog here. You may also go straight ahead and download the library’s source or get the compiled binaries from the official Github page here.